Things to consider before making a switch to an electric brush
Maintaining good dental health is essential for the overall health and well-being of human beings. Your oral health depends big time on the way you brush your teeth regularly. Manual toothbrushes have been around for a prolonged period. Although manual brushes get the job done, many choose to switch to electric toothbrushes due to their advanced technology and techniques of thoroughly cleaning your teeth in far less time.
Dental hygienists and dentists have been recommending electric brushes for kids and adults for numerous reasons. Their advanced techniques help in deep cleaning. Electric brushes cover more portions and thoroughly clean them in less time.
Around 63% of the total electric toothbrush users tend to have healthier teeth as compared to regular toothbrush users, according to a poll organized by the Oral Health Foundation.
Almost 34% of electric toothbrush users made the shift because of the advice of their dentists and oral hygienists.
Electric toothbrushes for kids seem to be more effective. It requires less work and gets the work done in a few minutes.
Do you want to switch to electric toothbrushes soon? Here are the points you need to remember before making the transition for better results:
- Two types of electric brushes are available for kids and adults- ultrasonic and rotary. Rotary toothbrushes have a circular and rotating head that makes it easy for you to clean your teeth at a minimal time. On the other hand, ultrasonic toothbrushes have a regular brush head and are easier for people who are accustomed to manual brushes.
- The electric brush has a high-pitched buzzing sound and a slight vibration when you turn it on. If you have an issue with vibrating objects, it is best to avoid electric brushes for your comfort.
- Consider switching to an electric brush if you have sensitive and delicate gums and teeth. Electric brushes consist of soft and delicate bristles that do not poke your gum or irritate any portion inside your mouth.
- An electric brush spreads toothpaste on a larger portion inside your mouth once you hold it in 45 degrees similar to how you use your manual brush. Electric brushes provide more precision when it comes to deep cleaning your teeth.
- In case you want to clean a targeted area inside your mouth, you can easily use an electric brush to do the same. The bristles are designed to adapt to removing plaque on the surface area of your teeth.
- For effective results and effective oral care, make sure you use the brush for 2 minutes regularly. Divide the time by spending 1 minute to gently brush the top portion and another minute to cover the bottom. It will help you cover the entire area in a short span and protect you from germs and cavities.
- Consider switching to a pressure sensing toothbrush, especially if you have sensitive and delicate gum. These brushes can sense whether you put extra pressure than what is generally needed. You receive a warning sign if you press the brush too hard.
- The vibration or oscillation of the electric toothbrush may feel awkward at the beginning. However, if you keep using it regularly, you will get used to it sooner than you think.
There are multiple electric brushes available in the market. Before making a transition from your regular manual brush to an electric brush, make sure you do sufficient research to analyze and understand which brush will suit you the most. Go for a brush that has a basic timer and pressure sensing system.